Dear OSPC Family:
We are so happy to announce that Orthodontic Specialist will be opening soon for routine orthodontic care. Dr. Donato and our team have been working diligently over the last two months to virtually monitor and provide limited care to our orthodontic patients. As we prepare to restart our office, our goal is to maintain the health and safety of our team and our patients.
OSPC has always and will continue to follow the CDC guidelines with proper office protocols and universal precautions to ensure we are providing the safest place for your orthodontic care.
We’ve altered our clinic and reception area, patient flow, added air purification units and expanded our PPE inventory. Although some things in our office may look a little different at your next appointment, you can guarantee that keeping you safe will continue to be our top priority! View our video below to learn about our new protocols.
Learn our new procedures that will keep you safe:
- Our appointment coordinator will text or email you a pre-appointment questionnaire. We require you to fill out this form before coming to our office to ensure we can honor your appointment.
- Please do not come to the office if you or your family members have a fever, cough, or any typical cold/flu symptoms. (or if you have had GI symptoms or loss of taste and smell)
- Do not drink anything cold or hot before you arrive. We will be checking your temperature with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If you should feel poorly or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Please brush at home. Our tooth brushing station is currently closed to eliminate transfer of bacteria or viruses.
- Wear a mask, bandana or scarf to your appointment
- When arriving at our office, please check-in from your car by TEXTING our main office number 718-987-7688. Our appointment coordinator will check you in and text you when you or your child is ready to be seated. We also invite you to wait in our garden area or porch (new benches have been installed for your comfort). You may accompany the patient to the door but only the patient is allowed in the office. EXCEPTIONS: Young child, new patient exams, special needs patient and initial procedure visits (One adult can accompany the patient).
- Patients temperature will be taken with our non-touch thermometer. Patients will wash hands prior to seating and will be escorted to rinse their mouth with a hydrogen peroxide solution. Our staff will wear masks at all times, face shields and gowns when indicated.
- Following your child’s appointment, we’ll call or text with any treatment updates and progress. If needed, we may also ask a parent to come in.
- We will text or call you to set up your next appointment.
FYI: Our doctor and staff are required to follow the same requirements. They will only come to work if well, have their temperatures logged every day, wear masks at all times, face shields and gowns when indicated.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Once the state provides a date, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back!
All of us at Orthodontic Specialist PC