During the initial examination for each patient at Orthodontic Specialist PC, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well. We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office!
What To Expect
Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination, a few photographs of your teeth, and a discussion of potential treatment options. If necessary, a radiograph may be also be taken at this visit. This very simple non-invasive 45- minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a records visit, time frames, and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past 12 months if available.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Let’s get started! To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Michael Donato, Jr. at Orthodontic Specialist, PC, contact anyone of our three offices in Staten Island, Brooklyn or Metuchen, or submit an Appointment Request form.